Sunday, April 18, 2010

Deep Root: The Experiment.

Goldenberry (Physalis peruviana) cuttings I took last November have gone wild. I'm going to trim them and root the cuttings at the same time as I root some weeping willow cuttings. Both Willow and Goldenberry will have 10 inch stems in the water. Some chopped up willow stems are also in the water.

Update: 6/27/10 Failure!
The willow rooted but mostly in the top 3-4 inches. No roots at all from the Goldenberry. Perhaps if I had shortened the underwater stems to 4 inches they both would have rooted.
Oh, well.



The Goldenberry trimmings and Willow in the jug.



The jug in the warm spot, water temps = 75 to 80 degrees. Misted several times a day. East facing window light supplemented with 2 23 watt compact florescent lights on 16 hours/day.



Much smaller Goldenberry plants!

I'll update in a few days.

No comments: